With in-person gatherings now a public health risk, Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton shifted all our fundraising efforts this year online, consolidating four annual fundraisers into a single virtual event to ensure the safety of our supporters and staff.
Our inaugural Guardian Angel Benefit of Hope went off without a hitch on Sept. 30th. The 90-minute, live-streamed event raised $310,000 – exceeding its $260,000 goal – that will support more than 60 programs we offer in Burlington, Mercer, Monmouth and Ocean counties.
A celebrity host for a great cause
New Jerseys own comedian and actor Joe Piscopo (pictured, below) graciously volunteered to host, with more than 1,000 people tuning in. If you missed it, click here to watch.
“It was a spectacular event that expanded our reach and shined attention on our honorees in a mighty way,” said Marlene Laó-Collins, executive director (pictured, left, at Riverview Studios in Bordentown, where the event was live-streamed). “I extend my congratulations to them and my sincere gratitude to all who donated and watched. You made it a successful event.”
Our honorees were Robert (Client Achievement), pictured right; Thomas J. and Dr. Judithann C. Keefe (Humanitarian Award); Stark & Stark (Corporate Citizen of the Year); Deacon James L. Casa (Burlington Light of Hope); Mary Jo Herbert (Mercer Light of Hope); Dr. Jack V. Kirnan (Monmouth Light of Hope); and the Oceanaire Womens Golf Association (Ocean Light of Hope).
We extend our deepest gratitude to all our donors and event sponsors, who included:
- ANGEL OF LIGHT SPONSOR: Judith M. and the late Honorable Anthony J. Persichilli
- ANGEL OF HOPE SPONSORS: Atlantic Lining Company, Inc.; Bank of America Merrill Lynch; The Domenick Group; Drs. Jack and Jean Kirnan; LFH Foundation; NJM Insurance Group; Reilly Financial Group; St. Catharine – St. Margaret Parish
- ARCHANGEL SPONSORS: The Allied Group; Amboy Bank; Archer Law; Co-Cathedral of St. Robert Bellarmine; The Walter R. Earle Memorial Foundation; The Hibbert Group; J. C. Kellogg Foundation; OceanFirst Bank; Ray Catena Motor Car Corporation; Riverview Studios; Stark & Stark; John and Nancy Tesoro
- GUARDIAN ANGEL SPONSORS: Bayada Home Health Care; Thomas and Valarie DeFelice; Retirement Income Solutions; Robert and Karen Tanzola
- ANGEL SPONSORS: Creative Financial Strategies; Gateway Licensing, LLC; Jeffrey and Megan Gordon; Jersey Shore Running Club; Law Offices of John F. Marshall; New Jersey Natural Gas; Parker McCay; R.P. Mobile Diagnostics, LLC; Occupational Safety Services, Inc.; Wells Fargo Bank
- ANGEL OF PEACE SPONSORS: Advanced Coring and Cutting Corporation; Michael and Ellen Brogan; Brian and Mary Ellen Burriss; Causeway Family of Dealerships; Church of St. Pius X; The Curchin Group, LLC; Robert and Maureen Donnelly; Scott and Janet Garley; Georgian Court University; Gridless Power; Peter and Mary Ellen Griffin; Hugh and Mary-Ann Guyler; Joanne Hall; Raymond and Gloria Harter; Law Offices of Lynda L. Hinkle; Alice Jones; JSPM, LLC; The Kotzas Family Charitable Foundation; The Parish of Saint Mary; McCollister’s Transportation Group; OceanFirst Foundation; Robert and Diane Powderly; St. Francis Medical Center; Daniel and Debra Stolbof; Damian J. Sylvia; Woolman Construction
Subscribe for more news
For more information on supporting Catholic Charities, contact Development and Marketing Director Nancy Tompkins at (609) 394-5181, ext. 1161 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Dana DiFilippo, Catholic Charities communications, at email@example.com or (215) 756-6277 (cell).
To subscribe to our blog posts and news releases, fill out the fields below.