Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton, inspired by our Catholic faith and shared values, restores dignity and independence to individuals and families, especially the poor and vulnerable; through service, advocacy and community building.
Every day, Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton, opens its doors to some of the most vulnerable members of our community:
- Those who lost their housing
- Families in need of food
- Child and adult survivors of physical or sexual abuse
- Seniors who need help maintaining their homes
- Those challenged with substance abuse
- Children in need of a family or home
- Individuals living with mental illness
- Caregivers seeking help and support
People from all backgrounds and all religions are provided compassion and skilled services through 58 programs in Burlington, Mercer, Monmouth and Ocean Counties.
Every action we take is in support of legislation that will have a direct and positive impact on those we serve. For information regarding our advocacy agenda as well as some upcoming issues we are monitoring, visit our Advocacy section. Some priority issues include:
- Homelessness prevention
- Hunger relief/food security
- Immigration reform
- Improving children’s welfare
- Improving access to healthcare
- Increasing awareness of domestic abuse
- Increasing access to necessary services for the mentally ill and disabled
Everyone can make a difference — employees, volunteers, and consumers of our services — are all called to do what they can to positively impact another’s life. By strengthening individuals and families, we are creating better communities.