Family Growth Program
Of Monmouth and Ocean Counties
About Our Program
Our Family Growth Program provides specialized treatment for survivors of childhood trauma and sexual abuse. It is part of a four-county network of specialized counseling services that Catholic Charities provides.
All counselors are Master’s level clinicians. We work in collaboration with Monmouth University’s Mental Health Counseling Program. Our clinicians are trained in Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (two evidence-based treatments for children), as well as “Sand Play” and “Play Therapy.” Our Family Growth Program:
- Is an experienced provider, serving Monmouth County since 1965.
- Offers a convenient location, accessible by bus or train.
- Is accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA).
- Offers limited services in Ocean County at our secondary location in Whiting, NJ.
Overview of Services
The Family Growth Program provides child abuse treatment and prevention through the provision of individual, group and family counseling for the following:
- Survivors of child sexual, physical and emotional abuse
- Adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- Children and adolescents with sexually acting out behaviors
- Non-offending caregivers and siblings of child trauma survivors
Psychiatric evaluation and follow-up available for child clients.
Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TF-CBT)
Our clinicians are specially trained in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT). TF-CBT is a research-based therapy proven to help children, teens and their parents cope with trauma. It is a structured, short-term (4-6 month) treatment that helps families:
- Manage feelings
- Talk about the trauma, in a gradual and supported way
- Develop plans for feeling safe in the future
This therapy is provided at all of our Monmouth County locations and also at our Whiting location in Ocean County. For more information, download our flier on TF-CBT.
Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
Our clinicians also offer Parent-Child Interaction therapy (PCIT) – a parent management training approach for children (ages 2½ to 7 years) with emotional and behavioral problems and their caregivers. This therapy is offered at our Red Bank location only.
For more information, download our flier on PCIT.
Treatment Program for Families with Children with Problematic Sexual Behavior (PSB)
Our Problematic Sexual Behavior (PSB) program is a pioneering program, administered by the University of Oklahoma, that is nationally recognized for its success in treating children. This group meets weekly at our Ocean Township location.
For more information, download our flier on the PSB treatment model.
The Family Growth Program is contracted by the Division of Child Protection and Permanency to provide mental health treatment to victims of child abuse and their families.
- Member of Child Advocacy Center Advisory Board
- Founding member of Multi-Disciplinary Team
- Child Victim/Witness Advocate for Grand Jury
For Information or Referrals
For more information or to make a referral, call 800-360-7711.