Monmouth County Programs
- Beacon House: A transitional group home for homeless young men ages 17-21 and a supervised apartment program for young men and women. Residents receive training in independent living skills and are linked to vocational and educational services to learn a trade, finish high school or earn a college degree.
- Disaster Response: Provides emergency relief services followed by long term assistance as a result of any natural or other disaster affecting our communities, such as Hurricane Sandy and 9/11. Responses include short term shelter and care, temporary or long term housing, trauma counseling and family counseling. These services extend beyond first response programs by providing long term assistance to individuals and families in crisis.
- Family Growth Program: Offers specialized treatment services for sexually abused children and adults who were sexually abused as children. Services are also available for issues of trauma related to other forms of family violence.
- Linkages: A transitional housing program located in Tinton Falls providing an intensive case management, residential program for homeless families that promotes their self-sufficiency and entry into stable, independent living situations and ensure that vocational, medical and essential needs of parents and children are secured.
- Monmouth Counseling Services: Offers counseling and psychiatric treatment for children, families, and veterans challenged by emotional and behavioral difficulties. This program is in collaboration with Monmouth University.
- Project FREE: Families in Recovery, Education and Employment: An outpatient substance abuse treatment program for women and their families who are DYFS-involved and receiving public assistance. It also offers an evening intensive outpatient substance abuse treatment program for men.
- Veterans Counseling Program: Confidential counseling to both active and retired military service members and their families in a community-based program. No referrals necessary.
How we change lives in Monmouth CountyIn 2012, Catholic Charities:
- Helped 484 adults and children with counseling services.
- Placed 183 adults, adolescents, and children (including 60 families) in transitional or temporary housing. Of those 60 families, 20 successfully moved into independent housing.
- Provided substance abuse treatment to 298 people.
- Helped 234 adults and children with trauma due to sexual abuse.
Click here for a downloadable brochure [PDF] with more information about Monmouth County.